Buy Soy Candles Melbourne
THE BRANDS WE LOVE
READ ALL ABOUT OUR TIPS & TRICKS
STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR BLOG
Buy Soy Candles in Melbourne at Mary Grace
If you’re looking to buy soy candles in Melbourne, then perhaps you have been reading about their many advantages over paraffin wax candles and how they can provide a luxuriously relaxing experience in your home or office. At Mary Grace, we love candles and offer a wide range of types and aromas to satisfy any taste and budget.
Benefits of Soy Candles in Melbourne
When you buy candles in Melbourne, there are many reasons to look for soy as opposed to paraffin. Some of the benefits of soy wax candles include:
- They burn longer. All else being equal, soy wax burns anywhere from 30 to 50 per cent longer than paraffin wax. This depends on several factors such as the size of the candle and the length of the wick, but in general, your soy candles will last longer. Do keep in mind that you should avoid burning your candle for more than four hours to prevent the wax from overheating.
- They burn cooler. Paraffin wax has a high melting point because of its large, defined crystal structure. Because soy wax has a lower melting point, it burns at lower temperatures – and you’re less likely to burn yourself on the melted wax should the candle be turned over. Soy wax is also softer and more pliable than paraffin wax, which tends to be harder and more brittle.
- They burn cleaner. All candles emit some soot. However, paraffin candles emit more than soy. That’s a good thing because candle soot can discolour your candle holder and possibly even your walls and ceiling. Soy candles also release fewer toxins than paraffin. Soy candles are made of soybeans, a natural plant that makes its wax better for both you and the environment.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Soy Wax Candles in Melbourne
Paraffin wax releases chemicals that can interfere with its scent, which means that soy candles are ideal if you want your candles to pull aromatherapy duty. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of yours.
- Burn until the wax melts to the edges. When burning soy candles, let them burn until the wax melts out to the edges of the container. If you blow the candle out sooner, it may form tunnels down the centre, wasting some of the wax. However, if you have to leave the room, blow out the candle and relight it when you return.
- Trim the wick before burning. Trim the wick of your candle short before you light it. A trimmed wick makes for a bright, clean-looking flame and cuts down on smoke. If you do notice that your flame is too short, just keep it burning, and the flame’s height will return.
- Always extinguish candles before leaving or going to sleep. Although scented candles are wonderfully relaxing, you should not use them as you fall asleep to enjoy your candles as safely as possible.
About Mary Grace
Mary Grace offers a wide variety of candles in irresistible scents such as Bergamot and Leather, Lemongrass, Musk and Vanilla, and French Pear. We also provide a range of high-end beauty and skincare products, all made to be natural, effective, and cruelty-free. We focus on providing excellent customer service to our valued customers throughout Australia.
If there’s anything we can help you with, don’t hesitate to contact us.